Well at least I’m not homeless anymore…
Hello folks of Tumblr. I could really use a bit of love and kindness right now.
I’m 18 years old, recently graduated, and am now in my first semester at college.
In 2010, my house was bulldozed down by my crazed landlord when my mother refused to go on a date with him. From there, our family was split up. We tried to live in the wreckage, but it wasn’t working. My mother soon lost her job and lived in the car with my dog, and my 14-year-old brother and I went couch-surfing. My father, who we thought was dead after he ran away to Mexico several years ago, made himself known and gave my brother a place to stay. I am not legally allowed to live with my dad because he has a history of abusing women and young girls. He left again for Mexico after a few months, and my brother chose to live with friends.
I lived with friends as well, went to school, got good grades, applied to colleges, got scholarships, found work and supported myself, tried to move on, and hoped that one day my family would be together again. Throughout all of this, I received support from my loving boyfriend, who recently went away for his senior year of college.
Two weeks ago I helped my mother with a down payment for a mobile home and now my family is finally living together again. It isn’t much, but I am entirely happy with my living situation. My mom works harder than anyone I’ve ever known to provide for me and my brother. She’s more than happy to after what we’ve been through.
Last weekend, I went into my local Planned Parenthood to get an IUD, but I suppose I made my appointment four weeks too late. I couldn’t get an IUD, the nurse told me, because I was pregnant. Her words were a ton of bricks smacking me right in the face. “Well,” I said, “Let’s take care of that then.”
I’ve been in a relationship with my loving boyfriend for 4 years, and only recently have we become sexually active. We’d always used protection, so he was pretty distressed when I called to tell him that I had a bun in the oven, and I had made an appointment to take it out.
I am in absolutely no position to have a baby. I could not provide a happy, healthy life for a child.
Before learning I was pregnant, I’d quit my minimum wage job at a yogurt shop because it was now too far from where I lived. So now I’m pregnant, 18, and unemployed. All I could think was “Well, at least I’m not homeless anymore.” It’s not a particularly sunny situation. I have refrained from telling my mom because she has too much to worry about but I have some really supportive friends who are helping me through this.
I have decided to terminate the pregnancy and my appointment is on October 25th. Luckily, directly after the procedure, they can put in an IUD. This is something my nurse described to me as, “sucking it out, and plugging it up for a while.”
Here’s where you come in, Tumblr. I’m hoping all the love-warriors out there will help me. I cannot afford an abortion. I’ve recently spent too much on my textbooks, public transport, and even my family’s phone bills.
The total cost of the surgery is going to be $425.00. If anyone could give anything it would be much appreciated.
Because I’m still so early in the pregnancy, it is going to be a plunger aspiration. Plunger. I know, right? Lovely.
I’ve jumped through so many other hoops trying to get my surgery covered by Medi-Cal, and unfortunately, I am not eligible because my mom now has an income. Even if I were to apply again, my info would not be processed in time for the surgery.
I really need all the love I can get… My boyfriend will be unable to make it on time to come support me.
You can safely donate to my cause through PayPal (there is a link in the description of my blog), and I’ll keep you guys updated. If I can raise the funds to cover the surgery, I’m going to try to reschedule my appointment for even sooner.
I will be donating the $40 we have left over from the last time we raised money, plus a little extra I have in my Paypal account from the ads on my blog. Please consider donating if you can.
Bookmarked because I am broke as a joke until the 3rd.
- argentarachnids reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- witknitch likes this
- christmasorgasms reblogged this from missveryvery
- justequality reblogged this from impromptuonedykedanceparty
- justequality likes this
- impromptuonedykedanceparty reblogged this from fivelettered
- english-tea reblogged this from zambiunicorn
- willowmarith reblogged this from tulipfiend
- sassily-lackadaisical likes this
- theclockworkrabbit reblogged this from gilboob
- banora-white-aka-dumbapple reblogged this from tulipfiend
- banora-white-aka-dumbapple likes this
- tulipfiend reblogged this from gilboob
- gilboob reblogged this from winextea
- amillionandonefuckingtimes reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- thepun-pun1 reblogged this from stfuconservatives and added:
- winextea reblogged this from geiiszler
- geiiszler reblogged this from thatgirlthatlikesgermans
- chemicallyunwound reblogged this from sassyfeminist
- snowiestangel reblogged this from spaceberryfeminist
- hippie1993 likes this
- mostly-void-partially-stars reblogged this from dreamerchaos666
- sarchasme reblogged this from springly and added:
- becausegoodheroesdeservekidneys likes this
- die-erzherzogin likes this
- cynicalbitchmuppet likes this
- implicitdemandforeggnog likes this
- springly reblogged this from theclericsdiary and added:
- roguesareth reblogged this from theclericsdiary
- jocicausa likes this
- if-i-only-hadtheheart likes this
- anotcleverblog likes this
- jessicahambys reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- changedhersoul reblogged this from bitchiamtheswanqueen
- lezbfrenz likes this
- theoppressedlittlefetus reblogged this from stfuconservatives and added:
- qwilman likes this
- sprinklesvondoom reblogged this from danielmcbatman
- colorfulove likes this
- rondickles reblogged this from zambiunicorn
- rindre reblogged this from diggidy-dang
- amorediangelo reblogged this from pumpkinvogel
- digimoniswaybetterthanpokemon reblogged this from velociraptier
- diary-of-demosthenes likes this
- victusinveritas likes this
- beckyh2112 reblogged this from darkpuck
- ashbetweenthestars reblogged this from theclericsdiary
- stephanie--universe reblogged this from crowdog66 and added:
- darkpuck reblogged this from crowdog66 and added:
- jessieidabelle reblogged this from sebhar