This is wrong of me to say, but I’m gonna say it anyway.
Dove gives a portion of your money from their purchases to self-esteem building programs for girls.
I have not seen one girl on Dove’s website or in their commercial who looks like she really needs help with her self-esteem. I’m aware of the fact that pretty, popular girls sometimes have some of the lowest self-esteem or say some of the meanest things to one another, but I haven’t seen Dove show off a black girl who hates how dark her skin is, or a fat girl, girls with scars, disabilities, deformities…
I’m not saying Dove needs to only help girls who are shut in and missing limbs and whatever else, but showing off “pretty white girls with problems” smiling and happy and having friends don’t really make me want to donate.
Show me someone I can have sympathy for, someone who I’m actually rooting for.
- laurenpardonmyfrench likes this
- thepajmahal reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- graphitetroll likes this
- alliwantisdiamondsandlove reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- blacksheepboy- likes this
- katherinedan likes this
- woodlandcybunny likes this
- if-our-worlds-collide likes this
- dourque reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- browndenim likes this
- skylarktakemethere likes this
- justoutofbed likes this
- perilousseas likes this
- seriouslyamerica reblogged this from fsufeministalumna
- bebraveheavyheart likes this
- lulzpup reblogged this from fsufeministalumna
- hairyprincess reblogged this from fsufeministalumna and added:
- blahwahblah likes this
- fsufeministalumna reblogged this from thegirlon
- ca-rly likes this
- bonneaventure likes this
- musicmastermind likes this
- thewantonlibrarian likes this
- caramelvagabond likes this
- heretoreliveyourdarkestmoments reblogged this from thegirlon
- cerealkilla likes this
- justdamnhorny likes this
- emptycitys likes this
- mechanicalsheep likes this
- ouranophobic likes this
- reggie69 likes this
- icaruscalling said: preach.
- icaruscalling likes this
- lipglossandcherrycola said: Dove’s real beauty campaign has never sit well with me. Mostly because its owned by the same company that owns axe shower gel and that just seems counter productive
- begmeformercie likes this
- thegirlon posted this